Ultimate Purina® Experience Sweepstakes
Enter for a chance to win a special behind-the-scenes VIP trip for two to St. Louis, MO! You and a guest will tour the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and Grant’s Farm, the home of the Budweiser Clydesdales.
Choose from one of these three experiences:
- Free Purina Horse & Training
- Free Purina Feed for One Year
- Train one-on-one or attend a clinic of one of our participating Purina Ambassadors for up to four days.
- Lindy Burch
- Jerry Diaz
- Martha Josey
- Michelle McLeod
- Turtle and Molly Powell
- Kyle Carter
- Hope Glynn
- Meagan Davis
- Dell Hendricks
- Coleman Proctor
- Kimmie Wall
- Michael Bragdell
- Becky Hart
- Roger Daly
- Britany Diaz
- Rich Fellers
- Shawn Flarida
- Matt Gaines
- KC Jones
- Dugan Kelly
- Kerry Kuhn
- Kiaran McLaughlin
- Amberleigh Moore
- Lynn Palm
- Kory Pounds
- Michael Richardson
- Craig Schmersal
- Amberley Snyder
- Heather Caristo Williams
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes entrants must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and the age of majority or older in their state or jurisdiction of residence as of October 5, 2017. Employees, officers and directors of Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (the “Sponsor”), and all of its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [parents, children, siblings and spouse]) and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes (as defined below).
- TIMING: The Ultimate Purina® Experience Sweepstakes is scheduled to begin at 7:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on October 5, 2017, and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 1, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two (2) ways to participate in and enter the Sweepstakes: (1) Complete an original official entry form as outlined on the form when made available at events attended or participating in by Sponsor. No purchase necessary to obtain an official entry form. Entries must be submitted on the official entry form and may be submitted in person at participating event locations through July 1, 2018. (2) Enter by Texting “PURINA” to 95323. Sweepstakes entry text messages must be received by Sponsor by 11:59:59 p. m. on July 1, 2018. Entrants entering by texting will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent from their mobile device according to the terms and conditions of their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service may not be available in all areas. By entering the contest, entrants consent to sponsor calling and sending text messages to the entrant’s mobile telephone number used to enter the contest for purposes of this Sweepstakes.
Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) VIP Trip for Two to St. Louis, MO with a tour of the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and Grant’s Farm, plus the winner will have a choice of one (1) of the following experiences:
- A Free Horse from the Purina Horse Farm, and Training.
- Free Purina Horse Feed for a year for up to six (6) horses.
- Choice of up to four (4) days of one-on-one training or attend a
clinic with winner’s choice of one of seven (7) Purina Ambassadors.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is up to $_10,000.00.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Potential winner who chooses the “Free Horse” prize component must agree to inspection of facility and surroundings where the horse will be housed and maintain by inspectors as chosen and directed by Sponsor. And, the designated inspectors must deem the inspected facilities to be of acceptable quality and condition for providing a safe and healthy environment for horses. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND/OR ITEMS MAY BE REQUIRED TO USE THE PRIZE(S), AND THOSE SERVICES AND ITEMS ARE NOT INCLUDED BUT MUST BE PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED AT THE WINNER’S TIME AND EXPENSE IN ORDER TO USE THE PRIZE(S).
The winner is solely responsible for any and all obligations, costs, fees, all federal, state and local taxes, assessments and expenses, including, but not limited to, sales or income tax, luxury tax, registration, title fees, insurance, tax, maintenance, additional equipment or accessories, and all other costs associated with transporting, claiming, registering, owning, or using any prize awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
ARV for all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is ten thousand dollars ($_10,000.00). No cash or other substitution, assignment, or transfer of prizes is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable value. Sweepstakes prizes will be awarded to an individual winning participant and should be retained by such individual only in conformity with these Official Rules.
Travel for prize winner must occur between (August), 2018 and (December/31st/2018). Trip consists of Round-trip coach airfare for two (2), one (1) or two (2) hotel rooms for two (2) nights depending on the nature of the relationship between winner and guest (maximum of four (4) room nights total), access to the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and Grant’s Farm, transportation at Sponsor’s discretion to and from the airport and to and from the hotel to the Purina Animal Nutrition Center and Grant’s Farm, and any additional events that Sponsor might deem appropriate in its sole discretion. Prize winner and guest must travel on the same flight itinerary and comply with all security requirements. Prize winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel within the United States. Prize winner and guest must travel on dates specified by Sponsor, and in the event the guest is a minor, the guest must be the child or legal ward of the winner. Prize winner must accept the prize as stated or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Selection of airport, airline, hotel, any event seating assignments, and travel dates are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the winner’s address is close enough to the Purina Animal Nutrition Center that air travel appears impractical, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute ground transportation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including airline flights) beyond its control, but Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, reschedule any such events or travel details. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner and guest. All travel and accommodations are subject to availability, change, and restrictions. Prize winner and guest will be required to sign a travel/publicity release containing terms solely within the discretion of Sponsor. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to Prize Winner.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winner will be selected by random drawings from among all eligible entries received. The random drawings will be conducted on or about July 31, 2018, and potential winner will be notified by mail on or about August 6, 2018, based on the contact information provided at the time of entry. All drawings will be conducted by or under the supervision of the Administrator, Nies, an independent judging organization. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after the first attempt; if potential winner fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period; if potential winner is otherwise ineligible pursuant to these Rules; or if a potential winner cannot receive the prize for any reason, then the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize. In the event of forfeiture by a potential winner, an alternate potential winner may be selected at random from among the eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entrants in the Sweepstakes must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and void where prohibited.
Potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of notification. Should potential winner fail to comply with these requirements she/he will be disqualified and another potential winner selected in the place of the disqualified person. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. Sponsor has no obligation for reimbursement or replacement of prizes. Winner’s companion cannot be changed after the companion’s Travel Liability/Publicity Release has been received, without approval by Sponsor.
Prizes are nontransferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded. Winners are responsible for any damage or loss associated with the use or enjoyment of prizes. Winner shall bear all risks of loss or damage to Prize after it has been delivered.
All/any taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. By accepting the prize, winner (and traveling companion) agree, and consent to the Sponsor’s (and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority) use and posting of the winner’s (and traveling companion’s) name, picture/portrait, likeness, voice and/or any/all submitted materials for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation, further consideration, or further compensation except where prohibited by law.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS, WINNER (AND TRAVELING COMPANION) AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants, winner (and Traveling Companion) agree to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize(s); (e) change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission entry (including, without limitation, registration information or any parts thereof).
- MISCELLANEOUS: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute over person(s) responsible for an entry, the disputed entries will be deemed to belong to and made by the authorized account holder of the mobile devise number from which the entry was originally submitted. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned mobile telephone or device number by a mobile service provider. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, device, failure of any text or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s device related to or resulting from participation, sending or receiving any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, inaccurate, lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected entries.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION & INDEMNIFICATION: Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- WINNERS LIST: The Sweepstakes winner’s name will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after August 1, 2018, to: Ultimate Purina Experience Sweepstakes Winner, P.O. Box 15166, St. Louis, MO 63110.
- SPONSOR: Purina Animal Nutrition LLC, 1080 County Road F West, Shoreview, Minnesota, 55126.
Section Two: POS Abbreviated Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE
CHANCES OF WINNING. Open only to legal residents of the (50) United States or D.C., and the age of majority or older in their state or jurisdiction of residence as of 10/5/17. For complete details, see Official Rules at https://purinaperformancehorsenews.wordpress.com Sweepstakes ends 7/1/18. Sweepstakes void where prohibited.