Section One: Official Rules of Play
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes entrants must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and the age of majority or older in their state or jurisdiction of residence as of December 6, 2018. Employees, officers and directors of Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (the “Sponsor”), and all of its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [parents, children, siblings and spouse]) and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes (as defined below).
3. TIMING: The Horse Owner Dream Giveaway Sweepstakes is scheduled to begin at 7:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on December 6, 2018 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: There are two methods to enter the Sweepstakes: (1) Attend Sponsor’s booth at the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Thomas & Mack Center between December 6-15, 2018 and submit an entry through the text/mobile app as directed and (2) download the free My Purina Horse Barn App (the “Horse App”) to your mobile phone or other mobile device. The Horse App is available in the App Store and on Google Play for your device. You will receive one (1) point and Sweepstakes entry for downloading the Horse App and registering for the Sweepstakes. Additional points and Sweepstakes entries may be earned by completing various free activities via the app throughout the Sweepstakes Period, as specified in the app. Each point earned is equivalent to one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Activities, associated point values and availability to complete all activities will vary throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
The free Horse App must be downloaded, Sweepstakes registration completed, and any additional Sweepstakes entry earning activities within the Horse App must be completed by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2020. Entrants are responsible for any charges and data usage incurred for use of their mobile device according to the terms and conditions of their wireless calling plan. Wireless service may not be available in all areas. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to sponsor calling and/or sending text messages pertaining to this Sweepstakes to the entrant’s mobile telephone number used to enter this Sweepstakes.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The maximum number of entries into the Sweepstakes is two hundred (200), regardless of method of entry.
5. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: One used (1) 2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4×4 Crew Cab Pickup Truck with 6.7 Liter Power Stroke Diesel engine and Western Hauler appearance package (“Vehicle”). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of $80,000.00. Plus, one used (1) 2020 Sooner 3-Horse Premier LQ Trailer (“Trailer”). ARV $80,000.00. Total ARV of the Grand Prize Package is $160,000.00. ARV based on Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of Vehicle and Trailer equipped as described above, less an allowance for Sponsor’s use as contemplated herein.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Vehicle and Trailer as selected and equipped by Sponsor. (collectively referred to as “Grand Prize”). All Grand Prize specifications are subject to Sponsor’s complete discretion. Only one (1) Grand Prize will be available in the Sweepstakes. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Grand Prize will have been previously purchased by Sponsor or other Promotion entity and used by Sponsor in connection with this Promotion and other activities prior to delivery to winner. Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. There are no warranties on the Vehicle and Trailer except as may be offered to the winner by the manufacturer, and winner shall look solely to the manufacturer (and not to the Sponsor) for any issues or claims. ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND/OR ITEMS ARE OR MAY BE REQUIRED TO USE THE GRAND PRIZE, AND THOSE SERVICES AND ITEMS ARE NOT INCLUDED BUT MUST BE PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED AT THE WINNER’S TIME AND EXPENSE IN ORDER TO USE THE GRAND PRIZE.
Possession of the Grand Prize must be taken by a licensed and insured driver who has reached the age of majority in his/her state of residency. Sales and other taxes, license fees, title fees, registration fees, liability and physical damage insurance, and all other taxes, costs, fees and expenses not specified, are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner. By acceptance of the Grand Prize, winner agrees that the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of the Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any accident, injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize awarded as the Sweepstakes prize.
Furthermore, the winner is solely responsible for any and all additional equipment or accessories, and all other costs associated with transporting, claiming, registering, owning, or using of the Grand Prize. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Potential winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about June 10, 2020, and potential winner will be notified by mail or email on or about June 12, 2020 based on the contact information provided at the time of entry. All drawings will be conducted by or under the supervision of the Sweepstakes administrator, Nies (the “Administrator”), an independent judging organization. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after the first attempt; if potential winner fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period; if potential winner is otherwise ineligible pursuant to these Rules; or if potential winner cannot receive the Grand Prize for any reason, then the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize. In the event of forfeiture by a potential winner, an alternate potential winner may be selected at random from among the eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Grand Prize is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to substitute a prize or prize component with another prize or prize component of comparable value. Any difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
The winner must take delivery of the Grand Prize, at his/her own expense, within thirty (30) days of notice. No other delivery option will be available. In order to claim and take delivery of the Grand Prize, the winner must (a) provide to Sponsor or its designee a valid drivers license, (ii) provide to Sponsor or its designee evidence of all vehicle and liability insurance required by law, and (iii) execute and return to Sponsor or its designee all tax, title, registration and other forms with respect to the Vehicle and Trailer in the forms provided by Sponsor or its designee.
7. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entrants in the Sweepstakes must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and void where prohibited.
Winner is responsible for any damage or loss associated with the use or enjoyment of prizes. Winner shall bear all risks of loss or damage to the Grand Prize after it has been delivered.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees, and consents to the Sponsor’s (and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority) use and posting of the winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness, voice and/or any/all submitted materials for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation, further consideration, or further compensation except where prohibited by law.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AND WINNER AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Grand Prize(s); (e) change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission entry (including, without limitation, registration information or any parts thereof).
8. MISCELLANEOUS: In the event of a dispute over person(s) responsible for an entry, the disputed entries will be deemed to belong to, and made by the authorized account holder of the mobile device number from which the entry was originally submitted. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned mobile telephone or device number by a mobile service provider. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer or mobile device virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, device, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s device related to or resulting from participation, sending or receiving any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, inaccurate, lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due or misdirected entries.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION & INDEMNIFICATION: Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, Participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant(s) and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any Participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. WINNERS LIST: The Sweepstakes winner’s name will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after July 1, 2020 to: Horse Owner Dream Giveaway Winner, P.O. Box 15166, St. Louis, MO 63110.
12. SPONSOR: Purina Animal Nutrition LLC, 4001 Lexington Avenue North, Arden Hills, MN 55126.
Section Two: Horse Owner Dream Giveaway Sweepstakes Abbreviated Rules (below)
Use: Available on Purina Horse App “Horse Owner Dream Giveaway” home page, and printed on signage, posters, flyers and any related collateral advertising the giveaway.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE
CHANCES OF WINNING. Open only to legal residents of the (50) United States or D.C., and the age of majority or older in their state or jurisdiction of residence as of 12/6/18. For complete details, see Official Rules at https://www.purinamills.com/2.purinamills.com/media/PDF/sweepstakes-horseownerdream-2018_FINAL.pdf. Sweepstakes ends 5/31/20. Sweepstakes void where prohibited. Sponsor: Purina Animal Nutrition LLC 4001 Lexington Avenue North, Arden Hills, MN 55126